NaBloPoMo Day 19 (a day late): Best liturgical holiday
I think I’ll cheat and do a Top 5 list.
5. Maundy Thursday – the music always breaks my heart exactly as it needs to be broken with just that touch of grace that points to Easter.
4. Christmas Eve – there is a poignancy to the multi-generational worship that welcomes the Christ child, even in congregations with not many children on a regular Sunday.
3. Baptism of Christ – because we all need to remember why we get wet and why we need to stay wet.
2. Epiphany – John 1. Light. Stars.
1. Pentecost – The story, the symbols, the colors, the get out there an go-ness of it all.