I’ve always fancied myself a bit of a rogue or a rebel. Out there on the edge, pushing the envelope. Truth is, I’m about as edgy as -well, I don’t know- something spherical. The fact is, I’m about as “bad to the bone” as Pee Wee Herman.
And yet, I really am willing to take chances, willing to go against the flow. I’m the sort of person who sees things that need to change and will speak out. I just tend to work within the system to get there. Which makes me more of a rule-follower (maybe -bender) than rule-breaker.
How about you? If you can see yourself in 4 or more of these, get out of my head! And join the club.
- You worry that DrawSomething will automatically count your drawing as a miss if you include actual letters.
- You expect people to make left turns from the left turn lanes (as opposed to crossing 2 lanes to make a right turn).
- You wait behind the line for the next available window/agent.
- You complete all the questions on an evaluation, even if they are optional.
- You don’t ask for exceptions or exemptions. Until you’re in a situation so dire they are already being offered.
- You assume everyone else plays fair.
- You are shocked by the lengths people go to when finding ways not to follow the rules.
Brought to you by my favorite Rebel
Pee-wee: There’s a lotta things about me you don’t know anything about, Dottie. Things you wouldn’t understand. Things you couldn’t understand. Things you shouldn’t understand.
Dottie: I don’t understand.
Pee-wee: You don’t wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I’m a loner, Dottie. A rebel. So long, Dott.