After a week of ups and downs, today was a good day. I was officially welcomed into a new church home, had a great family afternoon, and a nap. I do love naps. As Buddy the Elf might say, “Naps are my favorite”. Here are a few more of my favorite things:
- Hugs when people really mean it
- The way our dogs ears feel like velvet.
- Hearing the kid sing when he thinks no one can hear him
- Eating dinner together when everyone is talkative
- Seeing the Hubby’s eyes light up when he talks about the fun he has with the FPK
- Being in the place I’m meant to be, finally.
- Making toddlers giggle, especially when they are stressing their parents out over bugging strangers
- Real buttercream frosting on a plain yellow cupcake, blueberries on cereal, dark chocolate in any form.
- Having people affirm the things that others have worked hard to convince me were not of value