….golly I don’t even know. But because today I can, here ’tis!
Whether we liked it or not, we all “sprang forward” with the change to daylight savings time in the USA this past Sunday. There is lightness and brightness slipping in as spring approaches, so let us consider what is springing forth in our lives right now.
Name 5 things that are springing forth, possibly including :
- what you hope for
- what you dread
- what you observe
- what is concrete
- what is intangible
What do I see springing forth?
1. My beloved seminary made a pre-announcement that there would be an announcement on Tuesday of next week that will could impact how we register for classes for the fall. I foresee some interesting changes springing forth from the curriculum review that has been underway since Princeton announced the changes in its MDiv program.
2. It is spring in Florida. I saw my first pair of Sand Hill Crane chicks the other day… and some baby gators in the pond. The ligustrum are blooming and the camphor tree is putting out some serious limb shoots.
3. The teen children in my life are getting restless- which means we’re approaching the mid-point of spring semester. They also happen to be in the 15-17 year old range, so the dreaded DRIVER ED signs are springing forth from every side.
4. Dreams for my future. While graduation is about 15 months away and there are many other hoops after that, some dreams of what ministry might look like are starting to form… some in traditional-ish settings, but not the ones that keep drifting by over and over again in slightly different shapes. I suspect that as I journal some of those unformed thoughts, a clearer picture will emerge.
5. New friendships. I am seeing relationship online and in real life beginning to form that I am really excited about. People who are dreaming similar dreams, supporting one another through transitions and difficulties and being real with each other in the process. That is what community is about.