Oddly enough, this is is week in which a little self-affirmation and encouragement might be useful. It’s been stressful- what with school starting back up, returning to a pile of work after being away two weeks, and general life busyness. Not being a soak in the tub with Calgon sort of gal, it’s easy for the overwhelmed feeling to morph into questioning my own sanity and capacity…
So, when Singing Owl offered this Friday Five:
Lately I seem to be encountering many people who have a very difficult time finding anything good to say about themselves. They are able to extend grace and forgiveness’s to others but find it difficult to extend that same grace to themselves.
With that in mind, let’s share some healthy affirmation today! Tell us five things you like about yourself!
How could I possibly pass it up? Here’s what I like about ME
1. I have a good combination of common sense and intelligence. I have found that this is not the case with a lot of people, so I am thankful that I’m smart enough to understand most things and to know how to use that knowledge in every day life. (not that I manage to do that always, but…)
2. I have a good sense of humor. About most things, including myself, on most days. I love to laugh with people, whether at funny anecdotes, bad puns, silly movies, or the comics. Seeing people relax and let out a roar (or a snort) makes my day, so I’m glad that I’m at least a little funny.
3. I am able to help people deal with stuff. Or as one friend told me, I am good at talking people off ledges. I’m pretty sure that if there had been ledges off which people leapt in Paul’s time, it would have been listed among the gifts from the Spirit. I think it’s one of the benefits or outcomes of possessing #1 and #2 in combination.
4. I am a good communicator. I write and speak well- most times. And I enjoy conveying fun, exciting, difficult and challenging things to others in a way that helps them engage and respond to the message.
5. I am creative. This makes brainstorming and strategizing and developing new stuff very fun and energizing for me. I really like that I am able to see things from multiple angles and to keep puzzling over things.