My seemingly quarterly entry in the RevGals Friday 5 hits at a good time. Just as I’m entering that time of prayer and waiting with the home church! So here goes:
Prayer is a joy to some of us, and a chore to others, waiting likewise can be filled with anticipation or anxiety….So how do you wait and pray?
1. How do you pray best, alone or with others? I actually prefer to pray with others- I love to hear and agree with the things God lays on others’ hearts. I learn so much about how to pray, things I’d never have thought to say to God from others.
2. Do you enjoy the discipline of waiting, is it a time of anticipation or anxiety? It depends… on what I’m waiting for, what I’m experiencing around that season, how fully I am able to trust and submit in faith.
3. Is there a time when you have waited upon God for a specific promise? I’m still waiting for loved ones to know God’s redemptive grace personally.
4. Do you prefer stillness or action? I think action. Although I’m learning that stillness is comfortable
5. If ( and this is slightly tongue in cheek) you were promised one gift spiritual or otherwise what would you choose to recieve? Hmmmm… I have more gifts than I can use and steward well. I think the only gift I could ask for is the one I’m waiting for – to see the ones I love experience the fullness of God’s love and grace.
I also preached on Praying and Waiting… you can check that out here, if you like!