Holy Smokes, you’d think I was busy or something….
I haven’t posted in a couple of weeks, and even that cautiously optomistic post seems naive at this point. Since I last took time to sit and ponder my navel, I’ve lived through:
- A Gyno visit and first-ever Mammo (golly it’s fun to be over 40)
- The FPK’s first broken bone (that’s a whole ‘nother post to be written)
- My first seminary paper of any length with citations
- Labor Day weekend with our best friends (in from Nashville)
- A short week of readings and Greek vocab
- Two quizzes (in OT and Greek)
- The realization that I get to read an entire book, plus 3 more chapters plus Gen-Duet AND learn 2 declensions in the next 7 days
- And my full time job (between doctor’s visits, of course)
Oh, and I have the Musical Musings post to get done by Monday. I had written down some notes to speed that along this weekend, but the house ate them.
I think I might be whining. I really don’t want to be a whiner. But, you know, I really don’t want to say “I’m fine- it’s a piece of cake” I’m actually feeling more than slightly overwhelmed at the moment.
Of course, I do experience moments of great joy in the midst of all this. The boy is fine and has been tons of fun to be with this fall. He’s starting to find his niche and smiles at least as much as he fusses these days. God has been so gracious in revealing Himself each day in unexpected ways. The reading for class has been rich and meaningful for me – even the textbooks. And, here’s the craziest – I actually find learning Greek and translating sentences fun!
Again, I must say – God is good all the time. Even when I’m buried at the bottom of a mountain of To Do’s. All the time, God is good. Even when I feel like whining.
You set my feet to dancing, You set my heart on fire. In the presence of 1000 kings, You’re my one desire. I stand before You now with trembling hands lifted high…. Be glorified!