Option 2: Please Mommy, Anything But Those Blankety-Blank Books! And we do mean
1. Former U.S. First Lady “Lady Bird” Johnson died this week. In honor of her love of the land and the environment, share your favorite flower or wildflower.
The Bluebonnets, Indian Paintbrushes and Brown-eyed Susans that Lady Bird worked so hard to protect over the years. I grew up visiting the LBJ ranch and the library in Austin, and I still love driving through the Texas Hill Country in the spring. There’s nothing like it here in Florida.
2. A man flew almost 200 miles in a lawn chair, held aloft by helium balloons. Share something zany you’d like to try someday.
Having never lived in a snowy climate, going down a big hill on a sled (heck even strapping on skis) seems pretty zany to me. I’d like to try that one day.
3. Do you have an iPhone? If not, would you want one?
Don’t have one. Can’t get one. Would be bad for my ADD. Not that I’d ever get to hold it, anyway. The hubby & FPK would instantly adopt it.
4. Speaking of which, Blendtec Blenders put an iPhone in one of their super-duper blenders as part of their “Will It Blend?” series. What would YOU like to see ground up, whizzed up or otherwise pulverized in a blender?
Noting that the question asks What rather than Who, I will resist the temptation to be ultra-gross and mention specific members of the current administration… and I’ll go with the annoying BlueTooth things that people are forever talking into.
5. According to News of the Weird, a jury in Weld County, Colo., declined to hold Kathleen Ensz accountable for leaving a flier containing her dog’s droppings on the doorstep of U.S. Rep. Marilyn Musgrave, apparently agreeing with Ensz that she was merely exercising free speech. What do you think? Is doggy doo-doo protected by the First Amendment?
Absolutely, as is flag-burning, spouting off the closed-minded tripe about anyone who doesn’t completely meet one’s specifications of what an American should look like, and choosing annoying bumper stickers for one’s car. Assuming, of course, that said poop is not causing any harm to the recipient’s property. That would be mean.