Here’s the game this week:
“… be as lighthearted or as serious as you’d like with the following:”
1. Have you ever successfully quit a bad habit, or gotten a good habit established? Tell us about how you did it.
I’m actually about 95% off biting my nails… in fact, probably closer to 99%. The only way I’ve been able to stay at it- choose a date on which I treat myself to a manicure so that I am more aware of what I’m doing with my hands. Nothing like the look you get with nubs for nails to make you want longer ones.
The worst habit I ever kicked was using “smokeless tobacco.” I started using it to stay awake during the 10-hour drives between home and school (back in my wild & crazy college days). It was quite a buzz, not to mention how much I loved the irony of a spittin’ girl drivin’ a truck while maintaining a 3.8 GPA as an English major. Anyway, it didn’t take long to get a nicotine habit. I had to stop cold turkey.
2. “If only there were a 12-step program for _________________!”
Computer solitaire. I can’t allow the stinkin’ program to beat me… restart same game? yes Restart same game? Yes. Restart same game? YES!
3. Share one of your healthy “obsessions” with us.
ummm…. I don’t think I have one at the moment.
4. Share the habit of a spouse, friend or loved one that drives you C-R-A-Z-Y.
My mom has this thing where she sucks on her teeth. Her mom did it, too. AND – Mom hated it when Non would do that…
5. “I’d love to get into the habit of ___________________.”
The flying nun… she was so tiny and I am so plus-sized. That would be quite the accomplishment!
Ok – really, I’d like to get into the habit of getting to sleep earlier.
Bonus: What is one small action you might take immediately to make #5 a reality?
Stop playing solitaire… see #2 above.