Don’t know what was going on, but I couldn’t get onto Blogger for anything Thursday or Friday. So… here’s my RevGal 5 about what I think a great RevGal Gathering might look like
1. What would the meeting be like? (Continuing Ed? Retreat? Outside Speakers? Interest Groups? Workshops? Hot Stone Massages? Pedicures? Glorified Slumber Party?)
I’m all for being pampered and ministered to… which could be the same thing, really. Especially for those of us whose primary love language is Acts of Service. Do unto me what I would normally be doing for others J
Prayer time, play time, music time, and just good old hang time. Open bar or easy access to a blender would be superb!
2. When in 2008 might you be able to attend? January? Shortly after Easter? Summer? Fall? Some other time?
The only times that are totally out for me are the 2 weeks in Jan and Aug that are reserved for school. Otherwise, I’m at the mercy of the family schedule.
3. Where would your dream meeting location be? (Urban Hotel? Rural Retreat Center? New England Camp? Southwestern Fantasy Hotel? Far away from civilization? Nearby Outlets or Really Great Thrift Stores?)
This totally depends on #1 – if we’re just hanging, playing, getting away from insanity- a retreat center would be good. Especially if it’s relatively close to civilization and an airport that has competitive fares. Might want to be sure we have wifi, so that the RevGals unable to gather can get updates!
4. Who would make a great keynote speaker? (That’s if #1 leads us in that direction.)
Anyone who can speak to the unique nature of being a woman in love with Christ – or being in love with said woman!
5. Did I leave out something you want to suggest?
Concert or other entertainment – could go with a talent show or attempt to bring in a Keynoter with Musician??